I have been anxiously awaiting the months of November and December because I’ve had to keep this project hush hush since July. But now that it’s released, let me fill you in on the details of what it’s about! I was asked by Bri of DesignLoveFest to create & photograph 3 cheesecake recipes using fresh ingredients for KRAFT’s Philadelphia Cream Cheese holiday dessert campaign, #cheesecakecheer .
I knew instantly this was going to be a project I was going to enjoy because I LOVE cheesecake! For the holidays, my mom always makes a cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries and orange juice. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tart. I used her sauce as my inspiration to create these mini cranberry orange cheesecakes with ginger snap crust. You won’t eat just one…I can promise you that!
To see how they are made and other cheesecake recipes, visit the Philadelphia Holiday Cheer site.
- 1 3/4 cup (6 oz.) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. juice from one orange, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla, divided
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (about 32 cookies) gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted • 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 3 eggs
How to make:
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- COOK cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice and spices in a saucepan on medium heat until cranberries pop and sauce is thickened. Cool slightly.
- SPOON cranberry mixture into food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to bowl and stir in 1 Tbsp. vanilla; refrigerate until ready to use.
- MIX gingersnap crumbs and butter until blended; press 1 Tbsp. on the bottom of each 24 muffin pan cups lined with papers.
- BEAT cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream, orange zest and remaining orange juice and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition just until blended. Add 2/3 cup of the cranberry puree; swirl gently with a spoon. Spoon 1/3 cup into each muffin cup over crusts.
- BAKE 25 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- DRIZZLE with remaining cranberry puree just before serving.