This is the final cheesecake recipe of 3 that I created and photographed for KRAFT’s #cheesecakecheer holiday dessert campaign. Growing up (and to this day), there is a candy that I indulge in once or twice a year, chocolate covered cherries. The pairing of tart cherry, sweet icing, and dark chocolate combines all my favorites into one delicious bite. I took that idea and made a little twist on it, creating these bite size cheesecakes with bits of fresh strawberries.
- 2 pkg. KRAFT Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ t. lemon zest
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 T. heavy cream
- 2 T. cup sour cream
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, small dice
- 16 squares honey graham crackers, finely crushed
- 16 oz. dark chocolate chips
How to make:
- PREHEAT oven to 500°F. Generously rub the bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass cake dish with butter.
- BEAT cream cheese until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar, mixing until dissolved. Add eggs 1 at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each egg. Stir in lemon zest, vanilla, heavy cream, and sour cream. Pour batter into prepared cake dish.
- BAKE for 10 minutes. REDUCE heat to 200°F, leaving door ajar until temperature is reached. Bake until edged are almost golden, 20-30 minutes.
- COOL to room temperature. Cover and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- CRUMBLE cheesecake into large bowl. Gently fold in strawberries.
- SCOOP into small balls using a small cookie scoop or about 1 Tbsp.
- ROLL balls in crushed graham cracker.
- PLACE on parchment lined baking sheet
- FREEZE for 20 minutes.
- MELT chocolate using double broiler on low heat. Stir until melted.
- DIP cheesecake bites into chocolate. Add decorations if using any. Return to parchment lined baking sheet.
- COOL in refrigerator until chocolate layer hardens.